- Course Overview
- Course Detail
About the course
This customized training course helps the networking team understand the basics of building and understanding of Network Infrastructures, Network Hardware, and Protocols and Services.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
To attend this course the participant must have the knowledge about these knowledge areas:
This course covers the following course outline
- OSI Layers discussion.
- Network devices used now in networks and their functions.
- Identifying Network types.
Concepts in IP(V4 & V6) Addressing
- Identify the Address Class and Default Mask in IPv4 and IPv6.
- Determine Host and Subnet Requirements in IPv4 and IPv6.
Working with Cisco Equipment
- Navigate the Cisco IOS Command Line Interface
- How to assign IP Addresses
- How to enable an Interface
Managing Your Router
- Use Telnet and Secure Shell (SSH)
- Back Up and Restore Your IOS and Configuration
- Hands-on Lab: Using the Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Hands-on Lab: Using Telnet and SSH
- Hands-on Lab: Resolving Hostnames
- Hands-on Lab: Assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
Basic Catalyst Switch Operations and Configuration
- Identify the benefits of bridges and switches
- Configure switch ports
- Connect switches
- Hands-on Lab: Managing cisco router and switch:
Introduction to WANs
- WAN technologies used now.
- NAT technology and its use.
- Types of VPNs.
Basic Network Security
- Describe the importance of security policies
- Define basic mitigation steps
- Define dynamic routing algorithms
- Describe the use of Administrative Distances
- Configure static routes
- Configure RIP
- Hands-on Lab: Creating Static Routes
- Hands-on Lab: Configuring RIP Routing
- Determine network resources needed for implementing EIGRP in a network
- Create an EIGRP implementation plan
- Create an EIGRP verification plan
- Configure EIGRP routing
- Verify an EIGRP solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document the verification results for an EIGRP implementation
- Hands on lab: Configure and Troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine network resources needed for implementing OSPF on a network
- Create an OSPF implementation plan
- Create an OSPF verification plan
- Configure OSPF routing
- Verify OSPF solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document the verification results for an OSPF implementation plan
- Hands on lab: Configure and Troubleshoot OSPF
- Determine network resources needed for implementing eBGP on a network
- Create an eBGP implementation plan
- Create an eBGP verification plan
- Configure eBGP routing
- Verify eBGP solution was implemented properly using show and debug commands
- Document verification results for an eBGP implementation plan
- Hands on lab: Configure and Troubleshoot BGP
- Hands on lab: Configure and Troubleshoot routing redistribution solution
- Hands on lab: Configure and Troubleshoot a DHCP client and server solution
Advanced Catalyst Switch Operations and Configuration
- Identify Root, Designated, and Blocked ports in a system
- Assign Switch Ports to VLANs
- How to configure Trunk links
- How to create and join a VTP Domain
- How to troubleshoot VTP and Inter-VLAN routing
- Hands on lab: Configure STP.
- Hands on lab: Configure Trunk links.
- Hands on lab: Configure VTP.
IP Access Lists
- How to configure standard, extended, and named ACLs
- How to troubleshoot standard, extended, and named ACLs
Hands-on Lab: Standard IP Access Lists
Hands-on Lab: Extended IP Access Lists
Advanced IP Concepts
- Describe advanced subnetting
- Interpret an IP route table
- Configure NAT and PAT
Hands-on Lab: Preparing for NAT
Hands-on Lab: Configuring Dynamic NAT
Hands-on Lab: Configuring PAT
Hands-on Lab: Troubleshooting switching problems
Hands-on Lab: Troubleshooting routing problems
Contact Us and let our consultant support you to assess the training requirements for your organization